Center for Women’s Health was first founded in 1978 by Dr. Herbert Hodes. Twenty years later – in 1998 – his daughter, Dr. Traci Nauser, joined the practice. Since that time they have added two nurse practitioners, Colleen O’Donnell, ARNP and Natalie Wellington, NP-C, OCN.
As heatlhcare providers with a passion for advocacy and comprehensive care for women, the team at Center for Women’s Health takes pride in helping patients in Kansas City and surrounding areas in numerous aspects of life and development.
Center for Women’s Health
4840 College Boulevard
Overland Park, Kansas 66211-1601
Fax: (913) 491-6808
Office Hours and Appointments
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In the event you need urgent or emergent care in the evenings or weekends, one of our providers is always available.
Appointments for routine or well woman care should be scheduled at your earliest convenience to assure you time availability to suit your schedule.
If you’re part of a health plan or have special health care coverage, please have this information available when you call for your appointment.
When you come for your visit, it’s your responsibility to bring your insurance card, copay and any needed referral papers from your primary care provider.
In the event you’re unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please advise our office at least 24 hours before the scheduled time. This allows us to keep a managed workflow for our providers and patients.
The office staff is available by phone to assist you with medical questions regarding your obstetrical / gynecological care Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The nurse will return calls throughout the day in order of priority. If you are calling for a prescription refill, please call your pharmacy. They will take your information and fax a refill request to us, which will be faxed back the same day. Prescription refills should be made during office hours.
Please contact your pharmacy to request a refill. The pharmacy will take your information and fax a refill request to us for review and approval. Every effort will be made to approve your request the same day it is received.
Prescription refills are filled only during office hours when the physician and nurse have access to your medical record. Requests received after normal business hours will not be acted upon until the next business day.
Payment, Insurance and Billing
Who's responsible for what?
The cost of your visit will be determined based on the specifics of care and services provided to you. Your insurance carrier may pay for all or part of the care provided, however you are primarily responsible for payment on all the services you receive.
If you have insurance, please bring a copy of your insurance card to each visit. We will submit the claim to the insurance company on your behalf, but please be prepared to pay your co-pay and any deductible on the day of your visit. After we receive payment from your insurance carrier, any additional amount determined by your insurance company to be your responsibility will be billed to you.
Our office is available during normal business hours to answer any questions. Please call (913) 491-6878 and ask to speak with billing.
What Insurance does the office accept?
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Kansas Medicaid - (UHC Community Plan, Sunflower Health Plan, Amerigroup)
- Missouri Medicaid - (MO HealthNet, Home State, Wellcare, Aetna Better)
If you don’t see your insurance, please call the customer service number on the back of the card to verify our providers are participating.
In order to retrieve your lab results electronically, you will need to sign up for the patient portal.
- Once we receive results, we will send you an email and message through your patient portal or we will call the telephone number you have provided.
- Please allow the following amount of time to receive your lab results:
- Pap Smear: 3 weeks
- Normal Mammograms: letter will arrive from radiology facility within 2 weeks
- Ultrasound: 1 week for outside facility
- Mammograms and Dexa (Bone Density) Scans: 2 weeks
- Blood Work, Cultures and Urine: 1 week
- Procedure/Biopsy: 3 weeks
- If your results are normal, a message will sent to you via your patient portal. If your test results are abnormal we will contact you to discuss further treatment.
- Our Patient Portal makes it fast and easy for you to be notified of normal results. Please make sure you receive your portal information for sign-up so you may receive normal lab results.
Deliveries and Surgeries:
- St. Luke’s South
- Menorah Medical Center